Using Injection Sclerotherapy For Safe and Quick Spider Vein Removal
Spider veins treatment in Riverview FL performed by our top rated vein specialists at The Vein and Vascular Institute of Riverview make spider veins disappear instantaneously with only minimal discomfort and without scarring.
Based on their extensive experience in spider vein removal, our Riverview vein specialists use sclerotherapy as their preferred method of treating spider veins.
Spider veins are not only a cosmetic issue but can cause discomfort, pain and itchiness in the affected area.
Spider Vein Removal Results
Spider Vein Removal Patient Testimonials
What Causes Spider Veins?
Many people think that spider veins are a cosmetic issue. It is important to know that, when you start seeing spider veins on your legs, it is because there is a deeper vascular problem.
When your deep leg veins start leaking because their valves are malfunctioning, blood starts flowing toward the skin’s surface, forming spider veins.
If the deeper vascular problem that is causing you to get spider veins, is not treated, it can lead to other serious vein diseases such as chronic venous insufficiency, varicose veins, leg ulcers and blood clots which can be life-threatening.
Therefore, if you do notice spider veins on your legs, we recommended that you have an examination with a vascular surgeon to find out if your vascular problem is serious.
DR. KERR EXPLAINS HOW SPIDER VEINS DEVELOP
What Is The Best Treatment For Spider Veins?
Sclerotherapy injections are the most effective and preferred method of spider vein removal here at The Vein and Vascular Institute of Riverview.
During a Sclerotherapy session a concentrated medication is injected directly into the spider vein using a small needle that is similar to an acupuncture needle.
Once the injection is performed, the vein closes up and dries out, and this makes the spider vein instantaneously disappear.
Sometimes more than one Sclerotherapy session is needed to completely get rid of spider veins on the legs. Our patients always enjoy outstanding results from this treatment.
SPIDER VEIN REMOVAL
How To Prepare For Your Sclerotherapy Session
1. Do not drink alcoholic beverages, and do not smoke for 2 days before and after your treatment. We ask this because it will impair the healing process.
2. The day of your treatment, shower and wash your leg thoroughly. Do not apply any creams or lotions to your legs.
3. To avoid discomfort, do not shave your legs on the day of your appointment.
4. Bring shorts to wear during the treatment or wear a dress. Do not wear tight bottoms, your leg will be ace wrapped after your treatment. You will wear the ace wraps until the next morning.
5. Do not tan or use bottled tanning lotions 2 weeks before your treatment. (This may limit us visually for seeing the spider veins)
Post-Op Sclerotherapy Instructions
1. Immediately following the treatment you will be wrapped with ace wraps. You will need to wear these ace wraps until the next morning. You will sleep in the ace wraps the night of the treatment. The following morning, you can take off the ace wraps and then put on your compression hose. Compression hose should be worn during the day for the next 5 days. The longer the compression hose are tolerated, the better the outcome of your treatment.
2. After your treatment in our office, we highly recommend that you stay off your feet as much as possible the day of your treatment. If you can, go straight home and prop your legs up for the rest of the day. Try to elevate your legs as much as possible for the next 24 hours.
3. You will be able to maintain normal activities. However, avoid standing for long periods of time. No aerobics, heavy lifting or strenuous physical exercises for 2 days following your treatment.
4. Avoid hot showers, saunas and Jacuzzis for at least 2 days after your treatment.
5. Avoid drinking alcohol and smoking for 2 days after your treatment.
6. Try to avoid taking blood thinners (unless prescribed for daily use by a doctor) for 2 days after your treatment. ( Examples: Aspirin, Ibuprofen and Motrin)
7. Avoid direct sun exposure for 2-5 days after treatment, this may cause skin staining at the treated area, which may be resolved after some time.
8. Treated areas may be temporarily tender, slightly red and swollen. You may apply ice directly over the site for comfort. In the event of scabbing, do not pick or remove it; you may apply over the counter topical antibiotics ointments. These effects are rare and very short in duration.
9. Follow any additional instructions and schedule follow-up appointments as indicated by your physician.
10. If there is any tenderness in the treated areas, you may take Extra Strength Tylenol (according to the package recommended dosage) to help with any discomfort. If the pain persists, call the office at (813) 999-3992.
11. After healing, you may use compression hose for long trips, prolonged standing, or when your legs ache.
Is Spider Vein Removal Painful?
Although most patients do not feel pain during sclerotherapy, some patients report a slight sting during sclerotherapy injections.
Patients can opt to use the PRO-NOX™ system during treatment to reduce pain and anxiety.
The PRO-NOX™ system is a self-administered nitrous oxide and oxygen analgesia system that allows you to control how much pain and anxiety relief you receive by inhaling the gas through a tube you place in your mouth. You will feel the effects immediately, helping you to relax through your procedure. The gas mixture clears from your body within minutes, so you will be alert and able to function safely after the procedure.
Spider Vein Treatment Recovery
COMPRESSION BANDAGE USED FOR OPTIMAL RECOVERY AFTER SPIDER VEIN REMOVAL
Immediately after spider vein removal, our vein specialist will wrap the patient’s leg with a compression bandage. Patients are instructed to keep the leg elevated for the rest of the day.
On the following day, our patients are usually able to return to work and normal activities.
It is recommended to avoid strenuous activity for two to three weeks after the procedure. For best results, it is also recommended that our patients wear compression stockings for the week following the procedure as well.
Is Spider Vein Removal Safe?
As with anything related to the veins, it is very important to have treatment with a vein specialist who is highly trained, experienced and skilled at performing Sclerotherapy. The vein specialist should be practicing under the direction of a Board Certified Vascular Surgeon.
Sadly, it has been reported that patients have suffered skin loss, tissue damage, large ulcerations, and even limb loss from vein injections that were performed by inexperienced and unqualified technicians at cosmetic vein centers.
At The Vein and Vascular Institute of Riverview, all our vein doctors are Board Certified Vascular Surgeons and all of our vein specialists are highly trained and have extensive experience in spider vein removal. This ensures our patients’ safety during and after vein treatment.
SCLEROTHERAPY IS PERFORMED UNDER
THE DIRECTION OF BOARD CERTIFIED VASCULAR SURGEONS
Laser Spider Vein Removal
Spider veins treatment Riverview patients often ask us if they should have laser or Sclerotherapy for spider veins removal. In our many years of experience and based on our research, laser treatment for spider veins has proven to be painful, ineffective for the removal of spider veins, and can cause scars.
It is also much more expensive than Sclerotherapy. Therefore, laser treatment for spider veins is not recommended by our Riverview vascular doctors.
Spider Vein Removal Cost
Spider vein removal may or may not be covered by medical insurance plans, depending on the individual patient’s diagnosis and medical insurance provider.
We will help determine the cost of your spider vein treatment during your initial Vein Consultation with a vein specialist at our office.
SPIDER VEIN TREATMENT MAY OR MAY NOT BE COVERED BY YOUR HEALTH INSURANCE PLAN
Why Choose Our Vein Center?
Unfortunately, many cosmetic centers offer vein treatments that may be excessively priced, outdated, more risky, and not as effective as the sclerotherapy spider vein treatment offered at The Vein and Vascular Institute of Riverview.
Our sclerotherapy specialist is an Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner with over 20 years of experience practicing under the direction of board certified vascular surgeons to ensure the best spider vein removal treatment available anywhere.
PROVIDING THE MOST ADVANCED SPIDER VEIN TREATMENT IN RIVERVIEW FLORIDA
At our vein institute, we diagnose and treat your vascular system as a whole. Vein and artery treatments are our specialty and our vein experts are Board Certified in Vascular Surgery and extensively trained in vein removal procedures.
That is how we are able to offer the most revolutionary, safest and most effective vein removal treatments available anywhere.
That is why when you decide to have your spider veins treated at The Vein and Vascular Institute of Riverview, you can be confident in knowing that you are getting the best possible care available anywhere in the world.
If you are suffering from spider veins and if you are looking for the most qualified, highly trained vein specialists in the Riverview, Florida area who can quickly, safely and painlessly remove your veins using the latest technology and techniques available anywhere, give us a call at (813) 999-3992 to schedule a vein consultation.